I have the software installed on my computer but, ironically, I don't use it much. That's because I've been using Magix (ranked as No. 2) since 2010 and I don't feel like switching the software now that I have a streamlined workflow.
Nevertheless, most of these principles work in any video editor so maybe you can find what you need even if you edit with a different program.
- Picture in Picture in PowerDirector - Add other videos or pictures (watermarks, logos) onto your main video; do split screen, etc.
- Slow Motion in PowerDirector - Render your action in slow motion (you need high speed footage of at least 50 frames per second).
- Custom Transitions in PowerDirector - Create your own transitions using a green screen (Chroma Key).
- TV Remote Effect in PowerDirector - Similar to picture in picture, a template for making your video look like a TV set.
- Trail Effect in PowerDirector - Cool effect suitable for action sports (static shot with moving subject).
- Tilt Shift Video with PowerDirector - Make everything you shoot look like a miniature scene (toy town).
- Keyframes in PowerDirector - Combine and customize effects easily using keyframes.